Thursday, June 12, 2008

My future dissertation

My Future Dissertation
I might focus on the research of narrative writing in compostion class. As a second language learner and teacher, I know how boring the traditional writing class is no matter when I was a student to learn it or a teacher to teach it. I think the point lies in the topic of writing is too far away from the learner's life experience. Thus, I am interested in discussing the possibility and importance of teaching narrative in ESL writing classroom.
To teach narrative in ESL writing classroom might be a very controversial issue for the narrative is not treated as the acadmic writing. I will based on Bakhtin's viewpoint to go against the anti-narrative's argument that the validity of narrative is questionable.
I think this is an interesting field which I might focus on my future dissertation.

No comments: