Monday, June 9, 2008

My experience in IUP

1. So far I enjoy the life in IUP. As an international student, I feel frustrated at the beginning
when I came to IUP. I can't get myself involved in this community in the first semester, but
now, everything is getting better. I think I learn a lot from the past two semesters. The most
challenging thing for me is to understand and to be understood in this academic community.
Anyway, I can see myself get the improvement more and more. Though there are a lot of
difficulties to study here, I know I can overcome them gradually.
2. I am interested in talking about the narrative pedagogy in writing discoure in my future
dissertation. I believe that the narrative writing can benefit students in second language
learning. I think I will talk about the important role the self identity may play when one
uses narrative in the writing.
3. I think writing can be based on technology and this idea will be applied to my future teaching.
As a teacher, I will let my students to use technology to write down their thoughts and feeling.
For instance, their thoughts and feeling can be shared from blog.

No comments: